Personal Information Security
Proprietary Information Security
With 92 percent of the public concerned about threats to privacy, you need a security policy that meets regulatory, customer, employee and your personal needs.
According to Federal Trade Commission research, 1 in 4 Americans will become an Identity Theft victim at least once.
Personal Private Information Security Workshops For Public and Private Groups
Learn techniques of mapping personal data classification, information flows, and layered defenses. Gain clear understanding of anonymity, psuedoanonymity and asset protection issues with respect to personal information protection. Procedures are provided for individuals to follow for evaluating and testing the security of their private information/assets controlled by someone else.
Learn how to take your personal information protection to the next level by applying information security methodologies. Personal information is classified and diagrammed in a layered network fashion. Anonymity and psuedoanonymity concerns are taken into account. Then, communication between layers and third parties is taken into consideration.
Learn what information others see about your personal life. An accounting is taken of what companies and other third parties are entrusted with an individual's private information. A list of questions for these third parties is provided to assist in assessing vulnerabilities and determining who to do business with.
An individual private information security posture rating is then developed using vulnerability assessment and evaluation techniques, assigning standardized vulnerability and severity information. Techniques are provided for testing the actual security of one's personal information in the possession of third parties. Legal and policy issues pertaining to this privacy penetration testing are also addressed.
Individuals will learn how to do the following:
- Determine desired level of personal information security
- Classify personal information
- Control where and how private information is released and used by third parties
- Uncover what private information is available to others
- Identify private information risks and how to manage them
- Ensure that businesses and other third parties that have personal information are handling it appropriately
- Perform vulnerability assessment and evaluation of personal information in the hands of others
- Assess the effectiveness of the security of businesses and other third parties as it pertains to the individual's private information
The instructor/facilitator for pINFOSEC privacy workshops has over 30 years of IT industry experience and the following credentials:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), and CIPP/G (Government), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®), (ISC)2
- Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS, Institute of Consumer Financial Education)
- Certified Security Analyst (ECSA, EC-Council)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH, EC-Council)
- INFOSEC Assessment Methodology (IAM) Certified, National Security Agency
- INFOSEC Evaluation Methodology (IEM) Certified, National Security Agency
- Security+ (CompTIA)
For individuals, the half-day public Personal Private Information Security Workshop is $495 per person or couple.
For private groups, the Personal Private Information Security Workshop is a full day, and is $2,500. You provide the facilities. Applicable travel and living expenses are extra (not applicable if in conjunction with public workshops). Well-suited for teams of key executives.
For other arrangements, please inquire.
Registration for Public Workshop
Reserve your seat without delay as each workshop is limited to 25 people in order to be most effective. These workshops tend to fill up quickly. For further details on dates and locations, and to register, please send an email to . Payment due at the door via cash or PayPal only.
Home | Newsfeed | About | What is ID Theft? | Protect | Privacy Assessment Methodology | Business Workshops
2020 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20006
pINFOSECSM - Your Source for Private Information Security Design, Assessment and Testing.
pINFOSECSM does not engage in the business of private investigation, provide legal or investment advice, or provide physical security services regulated through state licensure.
© 2006-2011 Copyright pINFOSECSM . All Rights Reserved. pINFOSECSM is a Service Mark of pINFOSECSM